DeNA Reports Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results
TOKYO, JAPAN - November 4, 2016 - DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432) today announced its IFRS and non-GAAP financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2016. DeNA reported quarterly IFRS revenue of 38.2 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 7.9 billion yen and non-GAAP operating profit excluding the seasonal sports business of 5.7 billion yen.
"We saw quarter-on-quarter growth in our IFRS operating profit for the second quarter," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "As we announced in the previous quarter, we expect to achieve a year-on-year profit increase for fiscal year 2016 through growth in the curation platform business and increased contribution from many of our other businesses. Factoring in the upcoming titles from our alliance with Nintendo, we expect an even larger increase in profit growth."
Second Quarter FY2016 Highlights
• Revenue from the curation platform business approached 1.5 billion yen
• Sports business saw a 57% year-on-year increase in revenue at 6.3 billion yen
Recent Developments and Strategic Initiatives
• DeNA Shopping and au Shopping Mall to be sold to KDDI in December 2016
• Announced decision to dissolve West subsidiaries to change strategy towards collaborations with external partners
• Three Nintendo alliance titles are scheduled to be launched during the remainder of fiscal year 2016
Guidance for Quarter Ending December 31, 2016
• Operating profit excluding sports: 6.0 billion yen
• Revenue: 32.4 billion yen
• Operating profit: 7.1 billion yen
• Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: 4.2 billion yen
Earnings presentation slides and related materials are available at: