DeNA Reports Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results
TOKYO, JAPAN - February 8, 2017 - DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432) today announced its IFRS and non-GAAP financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2016. DeNA reported quarterly IFRS revenue of 32.2 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 3.4 billion yen and non-GAAP operating profit excluding the seasonal sports business of 5.0 billion yen.
"Third quarter revenue was in line with expectations," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "As we announced at the beginning of the fiscal year, we expect to achieve a year-on-year profit increase for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2017. Super Mario Run was released towards the end of the quarter on the App Store to an overwhelming reception, and we are very excited about new titles from the Nintendo alliance."
Third Quarter FY2016 Highlights
• Super Mario Run was released on the App Store on December 15, 2016, exceeded 78 million downloads in 151 countries (as of February 1, 2017)
• Stable performance from first- and second-party apps in the Japan Game Business
• Recognized an income tax benefit due to deferred tax assets related to the West closure
Recent Developments and Strategic Initiatives
• DeNA Shopping and au Shopping Mall were sold to KDDI Corporation on December 28, 2016
• Fire Emblem Heroes released for Google Play and the App Store in 39 countries on February 2, 2017
• Announced partnership with Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. to develop a new transportation service platform that uses autonomous vehicles manufactured by Nissan
Guidance for Quarter Ending March 31, 2017*
• Operating profit excluding Sports: 5.0 billion yen
• Revenue: 31.3 billion yen
• Operating profit: 2.2 billion yen
• Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: -4.2 billion yen
• DeNA forecasts a year-end dividend payment of 30 yen per share, targeting a dividend payout ratio of 15.3%
*Titles in the Nintendo Alliance not released as of January 31, 2017 have not been included in the financial forecast.
Earnings presentation slides and related materials are available at: