DeNA Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results
TOKYO, JAPAN - May 11, 2017 - DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432) today announced its IFRS and non-GAAP financial results for the quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2017. DeNA reported quarterly IFRS revenue of 35.1 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 4.5 billion yen and non-GAAP operating profit excluding the seasonal sports business of 7.2 billion yen.
DeNA also reported full year IFRS revenue of 143.8 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 23.2 billion yen, and non-GAAP operating profit of 24.9 billion yen.
"We achieved the goal we set earlier this year to achieve year-on-year profit growth for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017, and also achieved year-on-year revenue growth," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "We are satisfied with the performance of Fire Emblem Heroes, a title from the Nintendo Alliance, and we plan to continue our initiatives to grow existing titles as well as release new ones."
Fourth Quarter FY2016 Highlights
• Satisfied with the performance of Fire Emblem Heroes
• Super Mario Run was released on Google Play in March 2017, and we anticipate that it will soon reach 150 million downloads (between both iOS and Android)
• Good performance from key existing non-Nintendo Alliance titles in the Japan Game Business
• Announced partnership with Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. to develop a new transportation service platform that uses autonomous vehicles manufactured by Nissan
Recent Developments and Strategic Initiatives
• Determining ideal structure, including governance, compliance, and other management structures, with aim to share more specific details by the end of May 2017
• Announced agreement with Shogakukan to explore opportunities in digital media
Guidance for Quarter Ending June 30, 2017
• Operating profit excluding Sports: 5.0 billion yen
• Revenue: 36.4 billion yen
• Operating profit: 7.5 billion yen
• Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: 7.4 billion yen
Related MaterialsEarnings presentation slides and related materials are available at: