DeNA Reports First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2017 Financial Results
TOKYO, JAPAN - August 9, 2017 - DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432) today announced its IFRS and non-GAAP financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2017. DeNA reported quarterly IFRS revenue of 36.5 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 6.4 billion yen and non-GAAP operating profit excluding the seasonal sports business of 5.2 billion yen.
"Non-GAAP operating profit for the first quarter was in line with our guidance," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "We will continue to place priority on initiatives in our core game business to grow existing titles as well as release new ones, while also pursuing mid to long term growth opportunities in other areas to grow the company overall."
First Quarter FY2017 Highlights
• Good performance from key existing non-Nintendo Alliance titles in Japan
• Steady continuous contribution from Fire Emblem Heroes
• In the Sports Business, for the first half of the 2017 season (38 games), average stadium attendance per home game for the Yokohama DeNA Baystars reached a team record high of 27,586
Recent Developments and Strategic Initiatives
• Held Business Strategy Briefing on July 19 to share more information about the mid to long term direction and strategy for the company overall and for each of our business segments
• Established a joint venture called MERY Co., Ltd. with SHOGAKUKAN Inc. to jointly operate a digital media business mainly focused on women's fashion, aiming to create an entirely new type of media
Guidance for Quarter Ending September 30, 2017
• Operating profit excluding Sports: 5.5 billion yen
• Revenue: 36.3 billion yen
• Operating profit: 7.8 billion yen
• Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: 5.3 billion yen
Download the PDF version including the financial summary and IFRS to non-GAAP reconciliation tables here