TOKYO, JAPAN - August 7, 2015 - DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432), a global leader in mobile Internet services, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2015. DeNA reported quarterly revenue of 37.7 billion yen and operating profit of 4.0 billion yen.
"Both revenue and operating profit reached our original guidance in the first quarter, and we made significant progress towards our medium- to long-term goals," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "We are well-positioned to leverage our proven strengths in game operation and IP, and deliver exciting new mobile games across regions."
First Quarter FY2015 Highlights
• Coin consumption in Japan game business was 34.6 billion yen
• Coin consumption in International game business was 5.9 billion yen
• Strong performance of native app games continued, driven primarily by effective operation of existing titles in Japan and the West
• FINAL FANTASY: Record Keeper continued to deliver strong results in Japan and also scaled in the West
• Successfully launched Sentama, a DeNA-original simulation RPG native app title, in May
• Bottom line of international game business improved significantly excluding one-time expenses
• In China, coin consumption from key titles was below the original forecast but the operating results were in line with expectation due to careful cost control
• Development of the first game app and membership service under the partnership with Nintendo is progressing as planned
• In Japan, launching original as well as premium IP native app titles that steadily generate profit
• In China, leveraging unique strength in localization and continuing to launch premium IP titles
• West business is focusing more on high-lifetime-value genres
Earnings presentation slides and related materials are available at:
Download the PDF version including the financial summary table here