TOKYO, JAPAN - May 11, 2016 - DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432) today announced its IFRS and non-GAAP financial results for the quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. DeNA reported quarterly IFRS revenue of 35.0 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 5.1 billion yen and non-GAAP operating profit excluding seasonal sports business of 4.9 billion yen.
DeNA also reported full-year IFRS revenue of 143.7 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 19.8 billion yen, non-GAAP operating profit of 20.1 billion yen.
"Our full-year revenue returned to growth after two years of decline, and we are seeing encouraging signs coming from our native app game business," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "In the fiscal year 2016, DeNA is positioned well to achieve year-over-year profit growth, driven by many businesses including Japan and international games, curation platform and sports."
Fourth Quarter FY2015 Highlights
• Coin consumption in Japan game business was 36.3 billion yen
• Total native app coin consumption in game business worldwide was 17.8 billion yen
• Miitomo, the first app jointly developed and operated with Nintendo, launched globally in March
• The curation platform business continued to grow and its advertisement business is off to a strong start
Guidance for Quarter Ending June 30, 2016
• Operating profit excluding sports: 5.3 billion yen
• Revenue: 38.2 billion yen
• Operating profit: 6.6 billion yen
• Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: 4.9 billion yen
Earnings presentation slides and related materials are available at: