TOKYO, JAPAN - November 9, 2017 - DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432) today announced its IFRS and non-GAAP financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2017. DeNA reported quarterly IFRS revenue of 36.9 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 7.3 billion yen and non-GAAP operating profit excluding the seasonal sports business of 5.1 billion yen.
"Our revenue for the second quarter was above our guidance," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "Gyakuten Othellonia, one of our original titles, has reached the one billion yen per month virtual currency consumption level. Our Nintendo partnership title Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp was launched in Australia on October 25, and we are excited about the expected global launch in late November."
Second Quarter FY2017 Highlights
• Good performance from key existing titles and new titles in Japan outside the Nintendo Alliance
• Nintendo partnership title Super Mario Run hit the 200 million mark for downloads, with overseas downloads comprising more than 90% of the total
• Business performance from Nintendo partnership title Fire Emblem Heroes is good
• In the Sports Business, average stadium attendance per home game for the Yokohama DeNA Baystars 2017 season reached a team record high of 27,880, and reached the Japan Series for the first time in 19 years
Recent Developments and Strategic Initiatives
• Distribution for the Nintendo partnership title Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp began on October 25 in Australia, and preparing to expand the release to a total of 41 countries worldwide in late November
Guidance for the Quarter Ending December 31, 2017
• Operating profit excluding Sports: 5.0 billion yen
• Revenue: 33.3 billion yen
• Operating profit: 3.1 billion yen
• Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: 2.6 billion yen
Download the PDF version including the financial summary and IFRS to non-GAAP reconciliation tables here
Earnings presentation slides and related materials are available at: