TOKYO, JAPAN – May 10, 2019 – DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 2432) today announced its IFRS and non-GAAP financial results for the quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2019. DeNA reported full year IFRS revenue of 124.1 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 13.5 billion yen, and non-GAAP operating profit of 8.6 billion yen.
DeNA also reported quarterly IFRS revenue of 29.5 billion yen, IFRS operating profit of 4.9 billion yen and non-GAAP operating profit excluding the seasonal sports business of 1.6 billion yen.
“Although FY2018 Game Business revenue and operating profit declined year-over-year, we are confident about our future prospects, and have announced a sizeable share buyback. Going forward, we will launch and grow promising new titles in order to return the Game Business to growth,” said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. “Our Sports Business continued to be solid, and our New Business initiatives were on track. We will pursue further growth in the Sports Business as a core business segment, and investment in new businesses in FY2019."
• Agreed to partner with Tencent and NetEase Games on bringing popular overseas titles to Japan
• SHUEISHA and DeNA agreed to establish a joint venture to pursue joint business in the field of entertainment, and plan to draw on the strengths of both companies to jointly develop IP games and new digital entertainment services for both Japan and the world
• 2018 season stadium attendance for the Yokohama DeNA BayStars exceeded 2 million for the first time in the team’s 70 year history
• MOV (formerly TaxiBell) became the No. 1 dispatcher in Kanagawa in addition to launching in the Tokyo metropolitan area and securing taxi operator partners for Kyoto and Osaka launches
• Reached separate agreements to partner with MetLife Insurance and Asahi Life Mutual on jointly developing and providing insurance integrated with wellness programs
• Preferred Networks & PFDeNA have launched a joint research project to develop a deep learning-based system to detect cancer at an early stage with a drop of blood, with the aim of creating a business in 2021
• Sold DeNA Travel Co., Ltd., which operated the service DeNA Travel, on May 31, 2018
• Sold DeNA’s shares in Paygent Co., Ltd. to NTT Data Corporation on March 29, 2019
Recent Developments and Strategic Initiatives
• Announced closed beta test for the new Nintendo partnership title Mario Kart Tour, which is expected to be released in summer 2019
• Launched Attack on Titan TACTICS for Japan, global launch planned for summer
• Launched Japanese version of NetEase’s Forever Seven Days
• Yokohama Stadium expansion progressing as planned with a portion of the total expected new seats completed and available for the 2019 season
• Establishing an investment limited partnership to support independent entrepreneurial activities and to invest in startups
• Announced a share buyback of up to 50 billion yen
Guidance for the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2020
The consolidated financial results forecast for FY2019 cannot be provided due to the difficulty of reasonably and accurately estimating the figures. For more information please refer to page 22 of the FY2018 Operating Results, which can be found on the DeNA IR page.
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) develops and operates a broad range of mobile and online services including games, e-commerce, entertainment, healthcare, automotive and other diversified offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with over 2,000 employees. DeNA's aim is to delight and impact the world through the use of the internet and AI. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com/intl/
The information and data contained within this press release have been determined based on information available as of May 10, 2019. DeNA disclaims any obligation to update or revise such information and data, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In addition, any forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based on our opinions and information available as of May 10, 2019, and involve uncertainty. Please be aware that the actual performance data and similar information are subject to influence from diverse factors, and may differ from the forecasts presented herein.