(under the Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information)
LAST UPDATED: 3 June 2013
1. Collection of Personal Information
Personal information refers to information regarding an individual that can identify the specific individual based on the name, date of birth, or other description contained in such information (including information that can be easily cross-checked against other information and can thereby identify a specific individual).
DeNA Co., Ltd., (Address: Shibuya Hikarie, 2-21-1 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8510) (the"Company") collects personal information in certain cases. The Company hereby publicly announces the purposes for which the personal information may be used.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company may use the collected personal information to:
- Provide auctions, shopping malls, contents and other services for information provision, and system utilization
- Carry out sales, sales solicitation, shipment and provision of service of the Company's products or the products of third parties (including travel, insurance, and other financial products; same shall apply hereinafter)
- Advertise or promote the Company's products or the products of third parties (including delivery of direct mail and transmission of e-mails)
- Invoice fees and calculate charges
- Carry out identity verification and authentication services
- Provide after-sales service and respond to inquiries and complaints
- Implement surveys
- Carry out contests and campaigns
- Provide affiliate and loyalty programs
- Carry out marketing data surveys and statistical analyses
- Provide payment services and distribution services
- Develop new services and functions
- Provide system maintenance and handle system malfunctions
- Post information that is written by members in an auction
- Use for any other purpose that is separately provided for each service offered by the Company
3. Provision of Personal Information
The Company may provide personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- In an auction, when informing both the seller and the winning bidder via e-mail that the winning bidder has been selected, along with the winning bid and the other party's e-mail address, and when permitting the seller and the winning bidder to view the following information entered by the other party: personal or corporate name, address, telephone number, and the names of the representative and the person in charge (in the case of a corporation)
- When the individual identified by the personal information has consented
- When the disclosure of personal information is requested by a court, public prosecutors office, police, tax authorities, bar association, or other body with equivalent authorities.
- When making a disclosure to an insurance company for the purpose of making an insurance claim
- When making a disclosure to the seller or the winning bidder in a case where an auction member uses a transaction support tool specified by the Company
- When making a disclosure to a financial institution, credit card company, collection agency, or other businesses that engage in settlement or provides settlement agency services for the purpose of settling charges and other amounts that should be paid to the Company or the seller
- When all or part of the services provided by the Company is subcontracted to a third party
- When making a disclosure to a person that owes a duty of confidentiality to the Company
- When it is necessary for the Company to exercise its rights
- When making a disclosure to a business successor upon a business succession through merger, sale of business, or otherwise
- When it is permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations
- In other cases that are separately provided for each of the Company's services
4. Handling of Personal Information by Linked Websites, Etc.
The websites and e-mail newsletters operated by the Company may include links to external websites. The Company has no control over any personal information that is registered on such external websites, so the Company will not be responsible for such information.
5. Personal Information Protection System
The Company's personal information management committee decides on the policy for the handling of personal information and reviews the operational status of this policy. Furthermore, the department that is responsible for the management of personal information is staffed with a personal information management supervisory manager, and this individual provides guidance for the proper management of personal information. In addition, the Company provides training for the protection of personal information to new employees when they join the Company.
Request to Customers
- On the websites operated by the Company, the customers' registered information may be protected by a user ID and a password. It is your responsibility to manage your user ID and password.
- To ensure that the websites operated by the Company can be used in a safe manner, please do not post personal information about yourself or others on the websites operated by the Company.